Sign In   
  • Create Account

can you tell me how links work in HTML pages?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wualada

wualada

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

As you know that HTML links allow one Web page to link to other related pages. They can use text or images to link to other Web pages or even an email address. However i am totally new to this,  and can you tell me how links work in HTML pages? Thanks for any info!

#2 golumolu

golumolu

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

Dear you know everything. If you know to put link and also its purpose then what is left for discussion. I can tell you that links are two types 1)Relative links 2) Actual link

#3 susan_jane

susan_jane

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

A hyperlink (or link) is a word, group of words, or image that you can click on to jump to a new document or a new section within the current document.

When you move the cursor over a link in a Web page, the arrow will turn into a little hand. Links are specified in HTML using the <a> tag.

HTML Link Syntax

<a href="url"> LINK TEXT </a>

The href attribute specifies the destination of a link.

#4 AnnieSialo

AnnieSialo

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

If its about how we take link than it should be like <a href="url of page to be linked">Keyword</a>

#5 alison_wood

alison_wood

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postwualada, on 12 December 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

As you know that HTML links allow one Web page to link to other related pages. They can use text or images to link to other Web pages or even an email address. However i am totally new to this,  and can you tell me how links work in HTML pages? Thanks for any info!

You know everything about hyperlinks.The purpose is to connect website pages to each other or link different paragraphs on the same page or link to other websites.You can use anchor tag for linking purpose.When this tag is used your text enclosed gets converted into a hyperlink and when you put your cursor it takes the shape of hand.That's all about it.You have the required information. :)

#6 sureshgupta22

sureshgupta22

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

HTML is a static language. Unless you are coding a login widget which is processed on another server than yours, you must have a site that allows use of a server side scripting language (PHP is one) and a database (MySQL). Just using HTML is not going to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users