Sign In   
  • Create Account

which one do you think is more useful?ASP or PHP?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wualada

wualada

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

When building web sites, ASP and PHP are very popular languages.ASP (Active Server Pages) is from Microsoft and is used with IIS (Internet Information Server) that runs on Microsoft Servers. PHP (Personal Home Pages) is from Rasmus Lerdorf, who originally designed this parsing language which was later modified by different people. It runs on Unix and Linux servers and it also has an NT server version.So which one do you think is more useful in web design?

#2 chivve

chivve

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

PHP is faster, easier to learn, and larger community. ASP is harder to learn, slower, but a programmer in ASP would be payed more, since way too many people know PHP. I think ASP is a good and useful technology, but in the long run I believe PHP will prove superior -- both technically and in popularity.

#3 vincentroberts

vincentroberts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

It basically depends on which part of developing a website you are most concerned with such as -
-Do you want to use a programming language that you are more familiar with?
-Are you worried about the cost of creating your website?
-Do you want a more stable and faster website?

#4 adamsmith

adamsmith

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

PHP is language is better than asp. asp was old language. Php is latest language

#5 adumpaul

adumpaul

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

ASP is not really a language in itself, but an acronym for Active Server Pages; the actual languages used to program ASP include Visual Basic Script, JScript, and C#, among others. The biggest drawback of ASP is that it's a proprietary system that is natively used only on the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) platform.
ASP is said to be a slower and more cumbersome language than PHP, with less overall stability. One of the pro's of ASP is that, since it primarily uses VBScript, it's relatively easy to pick up the language if you're already proficient in Visual Basic. ASP support is also enabled by default in IIS, making it easy to get up and running.

#6 MichelClark001

MichelClark001

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

PHP is quicker, simpler to understand, and bigger group. ASP is more complicated to understand, reduced, but a designer in ASP would be payed more, since way too many individuals know PHP. I think ASP is a excellent and useful technological innovation, but in the lengthy run I believe PHP will confirm excellent -- both technologically and in reputation.

#7 mydiscoutlet

mydiscoutlet

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

I will go with PHP, Its a latest version of language and easy to learn

#8 susan_jane

susan_jane

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

PHP is a server-side scripting language whose primary purpose is to generate HTML content. If you need to embed dynamic text into static text, you’ll find PHP extremely useful. It was designed for this, and it excels at it. PHP is also very useful for integrating web pages with databases.

#9 vicky

vicky

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

php is all ways better

#10 Daneil_Hill

Daneil_Hill

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

My vote PHP because ASP was old language. Php is latest language

Edited by vikash, 15 September 2012 - 07:49 AM.
Use Signature option in Setting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users