5 replies to this topic

#1 abmnie

abmnie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:52 AM

I want to put 8-10 thumbnails on the home page. As I am not in favour of tables, I want to employ divs in placing those thumbnails and some little descriptions right underneath of them. My question is that which method do you masters think I should use - tables or divs? I heard that tables may slow down the download speed so I am a bit confused. Which method would you recommend and why?

Many thanks

#2 kushi

kushi

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Nice idea i will try to do this one

#3 gurleen

gurleen

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

div is better than table. I m always using the div tag.

#4 LissanGabri

LissanGabri

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location420 Main St, New London, NH 03257

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

As you said table slow downs the system then using divs is preferable!

#5 susan_jane

susan_jane

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Table Tag:

Tables are useful for superior adjustment of data and aligning text and graphics. General syntax of a table starts with <table> and ends with </table> element. Tables are modified using various attributes such as ALIGN, BORDER, CELLPADDING, CELLSPACING, WIDTH etc… The tags <tr> and <td> are useful in defining each cell of a table. It would be easier to understand, if we imagine a table as an excel sheet.

Div Tag:

Division tags are block-level elements which appear as rectangular blocks with specific height and width on a web page. They are used to divide the content of webpage and apply independent formatting. They can be used to enclose paragraphs, headers and other block elements. <div> tags when used with style sheets is commonly referred as Cascading Style Sheets. They allow website to be independent of data. Document layout, height and width of columns or rows, adding colors; adjusting the font family, font size, adding images, using additional attributes to align the web elements can all be done by editing a single style sheet.

#6 staroanesse

staroanesse

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

heater repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users